How can I get an E-3 visa? / How do I know if I am eligible for an E-3 visa?
The E-3 visa is for Australian citizens only and allows qualifying applicants to travel to the United States for the sole purpose of working in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children of the qualifying applicant do not need to be Australian citizens.
An applicant must be sponsored by a US company in order to apply for an E-3 visa.
To qualify as a sponsor for an E-3 visa, sponsors must meet the following criteria:
- Pay the employee on a US payroll
- Pay the employee at or above the prevailing wage based on the specialty occupation and location of employment
- File a Labor Condition Application (LCA) with the Department of Labor (DOL) to prove the salary is at or above the market rate
To qualify for an E-3 visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizenship
- A job offer in the US in a specialty occupation
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience (12 years) relevant to the nominated speciality occupation
The E-3 visa is initially valid for two years. The visa can be renewed indefinitely in two-year increments. Dependent Spouses may receive work authorisation.
Ready to get started? Contact us today!